Upcoming arrangements with open access
International Training Course in Trawl Technology
6 days, October 30 - November 4, 2016
CATch-Fish in collaboration with SEAFISH, Grimsby, UK, are inviting
participants to attend a training course in October 2016.
The course give an in-depth knowledge of the trawl as a fishing gear.
Program and registration
Individual training arrangements
Training arrangements can also be tailor made to fit the exact needs of
the customer with respect to content, time and venue.
means that training can be arranged at the North Sea Science Park
making use of the flume tank or it can be arranged locally to reduce
travelling costs of the group.
- Fishing skippers and mates, apprentices,
- Students at nautical colleges, universities and other schools,
- Net manufacturers, trawl designers,
- Suppliers to the fishing industry,
- Managers, administrators and staff from fisheries inspection,
- Researchers and PhD students.
- Optimal use of fishing gear
- Reducing environmental impact: Energy savings, bottom impact, CO2
and NOx emmissions
- Underwater performance of fishing gear
- Construction and design of fishing gear
- Explaining fisheries for customers, "myth busting"
- Technology transfer from research to end users
- Fishermen and skippers: optimal use of trawls, Flume tank, 1 - 3
- Fishermen and skippers: Energy savings in trawl fisheries, one
- Biological and technical researchers, advanced trawl technology,
one week, Flume Tank.
- Fisheries managers and fisheries inspection staff,
- Oil industry, Reducing conflicts with fishing activities
- Sales staff in fish processing industry, Fishing methods and
- Suppliers to fishing industry, Understanding fishing gear
- etc. etc.
In the case of arrangements which is spread over several topics CATch-Fish
will select relevant
lecturers from other institutions.
you want to discuss a training arrangement.